Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2019

SLJ Wk 1 Day 2 Act 2: One Small Step For Man


Photo Attribution: Moon Pic

Activity 2: One Small Step for Man [4 points]

Neil Armstrong was an American astronaut and engineer. In 1969, Neil and his team of astronauts flew to the moon in a spacecraft called Apollo 11. When they arrived, Neil got out of the spacecraft and walked on the moon. He is the first person in history to walk on the moon! As Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, he famously said, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”

As you can imagine, landing on the moon is a very dangerous task. Many things can go wrong, and a number of astronauts have died attempting to land on the moon. Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins (the three astronauts on Apollo 11) must have been extremely brave.

I always imagine that walking on the moon must be like jumping on the trampoline! Do you like jumping on a trampoline? My daughter Laila loves it!


For this activity, let’s imagine that you were Neil Armstrong.

On your blog, write a short poem describing how you felt when you first set foot on the moon. Here is a link to some different poetry forms.

*Remember to attribute any images that you borrow from the internet or from other people.

*Please check out the Eye-Catching Blog Posts page for ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Anamaria,

    You did a fantastic job describing what it would feel like if you were on the moon. I love how you incorporated rhyme. Looks like you're an up-and-coming writer in the making!

    I have often thought about what it would be like to travel into space. I think if I had the opportunity to go there, I would probably stay because I'd miss my friends and family so much! Neil Armstrong was so brave going to the moon.

    If you had the opportunity, would you go to the moon? I think the view would be phenomenal!

    PS - I love the image you chose in the background!

    Noho ora mai
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anamaria this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the poem you created about walking on the moon - would you REALLY like to walk on the moon? I'm not too sure I'd like the journey there... Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete